I just had to add this picture from Matt: "We had a fun weekend. After the Easter egg hunt in the back, I asked Jordyn to show me her candy. Well, I was hoping she'd lift her basket for a picture. Instead, she opened her mouth, stuck out her tongue and showed the candy. These twins are so fun. The first year of no sleep is all worth it now. :-)" They live several miles away and just wish I could reach through and give them each a hug!
John and Lisa's family's came over after General Conference for dinner, Easter Egg Hunt, and games. And we can't forget that delicious deseret Marrianne made, chocolate and peanut butter cake...it was heavenly. This first picture has the grandchildren checking out games and toys since grandma unpacked things that were in storage.
OK...we have our baskets and we're ready to go. They wanted to stand by the piano that has displayed all the grandchildren that are missing. They do love their cousins!
Ashlyn was on the run and so excited. Each grandchild is given one large colored plastic egg with their name on it. That tells them what color egg to look for.
Grandpa and Lisa hid the eggs. Lisa kept saying to the older ones "look up". She did quite a hiding job on Madison and Spencer. Infact the other grandkids were finished with their's and started helping Spencer and Madison.
And then there was the counting to be sure they got all their eggs and didn't leave any for our squirrels or bunnies that roam our yard each day. They knew that they each had one big one and 20 regular size. I just love sitting in the swing watching them all...
OK...all counted for, now to go inside the house and check out the eggs.
All of a sudden the clouds started rolling in and the wind started blowing. So grateful it waited until after our activity to get cold and rainy.
After all the sugar intake, we played the "Easter Bingo" game I made a few years back. We had to call Marylyn in order to play our next game "Chicken Foot" which has been a Bjorn favorite, "how many dominos do we start with"? Later the grandchildren and I watched "Wind At My Back" which is one of my favorite BYU series each week [sort of like Little House on the Prarie"].
No comments:
Post a Comment